Ipad Integra editor

Forum for Integra 7
bigmuz7

Ipad Integra editor

Post by bigmuz7 »

A while back .. my ipad editor said it would not work anymore with the up and coming IOS 11 .. which is now upon us ... has anyone upgraded their ipad to ios11 without knowing this and found it to still work ? or is it borked ? and/or is there a new ipad editor version available ?
D575

Re: Ipad Integra editor

Post by D575 »

Yes just crashed into this one this evening ... big oversight over at Roland with this one... will phone Roland UK tomorrow or has anyone updated infomation regarding this???
D575

Post by D575 »

Quick up date I asked the question on the korg forum where I hang out and the answers that cane back...........Its a 32 bit app, ios is 64 bit only

Roland is notoriously for not upgrading their support software
D575

Post by D575 »

D575

Post by D575 »

Update from roland.... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks.
For the time being you could use the OSX/Windows editor to achieve the same results.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hopefully they can add some functionality to the editor which would allow deeper editing on the iPad app.
melvinhare

Post by melvinhare »

Thanks for the update ....

Not sure why they couldn't have mentioned this before the update.

M
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

D575 wrote:Update from roland.... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks.
For the time being you could use the OSX/Windows editor to achieve the same results.
Bummer .. sorry dude .. so whats the deal, just it just not work at all ?
D575

Post by D575 »

For now use the link I put up earlier in this thread to go back to the previous iOS before iOS 11 then carry on as you have done before and hopfuly after waiting for Roland to catch up with the rest of the world with a date only known by Roland.... then when the Integra app is compatible with iOS 11... then updated your iPad to iOS 11
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

bigmuz7 wrote:
D575 wrote:Update from roland.... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks.
Bummer .. sorry dude .. so whats the deal, just it just not work at all ?

According to the Roland site (updated on 4th October 2017), unfortunately, The integra-7 Editor for iOS does not work with iOS11...

This time I read the Roland support info before upgrading my iPad and my Mac otherwise I would be in trouble now...

Cheers,
Paulo
Attachments
iOS11_Integra7.jpeg
iOS11_Integra7.jpeg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

So, would it be correct to assume that once again, Roland have dropped support for their products?
tbowne

Post by tbowne »

I inquired about iOs 11 and whether there would be an update of Integra Editor. Here's the reply I just received from Roland Support:
"Thanks for the email - we have been informed that there are no plans to release an updated iOS editor for the Integra-7, but are passing along feedback on this, so we appreciate your input."
The Integra-7 remains highly useful both in the studio and in live performance. Why Roland would not update the Editor app to accommodate the Mac operating system upgrade is beyond me and is disappointing.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tbowne wrote:I inquired about iOs 11 and whether there would be an update of Integra Editor. Here's the reply I just received from Roland Support:
"Thanks for the email - we have been informed that there are no plans to release an updated iOS editor for the Integra-7, but are passing along feedback on this, so we appreciate your input."
The Integra-7 remains highly useful both in the studio and in live performance. Why Roland would not update the Editor app to accommodate the Mac operating system upgrade is beyond me and is disappointing.
Roland dropped the iOS11 update for their iPad Editor, but they are actually testing the EDITOR for Mac against macOS High Sierra 10.13.

So it is not a total drop, but just on iPad

But the Truth is... integra-7 is an old product that Roland is beginning not to support in terms of its editors.

Let's see about the AUDIO/MIDI Drivers...

Anyway... I will refrain to upgrade my Music iPAD and my Music MAC, not only because of Roland but because the other brands of equipment as well, specially Soundcraft MTX12 STK, Novation impulse-61 and Yamaha MX49 (M-Audio code49 is macOS 10.13 compatible), just to name the hardware.
On the software side, is a bit more complex...
kubes

Post by kubes »

Hi all.

Please forgive the newbie starting with a complaint right away ;-)
Bought an Integra last week and it is still promoted with having an iPad editor available. On the Roland page as well as on all shops like thomann, Musicstore, ... This is really crap 'cause this is simply not the truth having iOS 11 now on the Apple devices...Who would question Roland's statement when it is misunderstandable declared on their official website??? Come on, Roland, maintain your editor that it works with iOS 11. Stick to what you promised on your website!!!
Candy

Post by Candy »

List of compatible and non-compatible ROLAND-Software with IOS11: https://www.roland.com/global/support/s ... 092010511/

Candy