BUG ? No delay on Drum part

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
hellwoodfire

BUG ? No delay on Drum part

Post by hellwoodfire »

How many of you have this problem ?

Current part is Drums, hit a note (say the snare for example), turn on the delay (delay red led is on, and delay knob is turned right).

Be sure that on the snare, “Effect 1,” and “Effect 2,” are OFF, and only “Delay,” and “Reverb” are ON.

Result: I do not hear any delay on the snare!

However, if "Effect 2," led is ON (even if no effect is selected), “Delay,” if happening.

This is a BUG because we want to be able to use a delay with turning on the "Effect 2" which may be used on Digital 1 or 2 for example.
hellwoodfire

Re: BUG ? No delay on Drum part

Post by hellwoodfire »

Since nobody answered, I had to confirm this by myself.

I went to the music store today and tried to reproduce the bug on a JD-Xi unit in the store.

Result: same problem. This confirm that IT IS A BUG. And a really important one.

YOU CANNOT USE THE DELAY ON YOUR SNARE.
YOU CANNOT USE THE DELAY ON YOUR HI-HAT.
YOU CANNOT USE THE DELAY ON YOUR (Name it, any drum note!).

If you want to hear the delay on those parts, you need to WASTE your Effect 2 on it, without selecting any Effect 2.

SO... Why nobody complain about this !!! You spend multiple hundreds dollars on an instrument which does not behave as it should ?

THIS IS A BUG.
A BUG.
nothing else than a BUG.
hellwoodfire

NOT A BUG!

Post by hellwoodfire »

Sorry. It is NOT a bug, and yes you can use de delay on a specific drum note, without "wasting" your Effect 2.

Here is the explanation:

You can control the delay and reverb send amount for each drum part (per key) as well as each synth part independently.

For Drums:

1. Press Part select [Drums].
2. Press snare key.
3. Press [Effects On/Off] several times and turn off Effect1 and 2, then turn on Delay and Reverb.
4. Press [Menu].
5. Select "Tone Edit".
6. Cursor over to "OUTPUT - Dly Send Lev"
7. If it is set to zero, press [Value] and increase the number.
8. Now, it is possible to adjust the delay level by tweaking delay knob

For Synth Parts:

1. Press Part select [Digital 1 / 2 / Analog].
2. Press [Menu].
3. Select “Program Edit”.
4. Cursor over to MAIN – “Dly Send Lev”
5. Set as you would like.

It is also worth noting that you can choose to route Effect 1 through Effect 2 or directly to the output. In the Parameter Guide you will find a block diagram for the effects on page 8 and explanations of the editing options in each part’s section.