Roland SC88 pro MIDI problem

Talk about anything here
wolflarson84

Roland SC88 pro MIDI problem

Post by wolflarson84 »

Hiya,

I'm recording into Logic X on mac. I've got my keyboard going into MIDI input A, the Roland SC88 pro midi output going into my Soundcard midi input and the soundcard ouput midi going into SC88 input B.

I can play midi my keyboard and it plays the correct voice (mapSC88, voice 009 celesta),so that's fine. However if I edit the MIDI in Logic then send it back to the Roland SC88 pro via an external midi track, it only plays as a piano sound.

Any idea why I'm not getting the correct voice? If I go back to playing notes on the keyboard, they playback fine, so it's something to do with how the SC88's input B port is receiving the data from my soundcard's midi out. Any ideas?

Thank you!
ITC-CrossBow

Re: Roland SC88 pro MIDI problem

Post by ITC-CrossBow »

I haven't messed with an SC-88, but my MT-200 has a switch on the back marked as Int and Ext. When in Ext mode it pretty much only plays piano sounds because the Ext mode is to use the sounds from your midi piano or controller. To hear the sounds from the module itself I have to switch it back to Int mode so that the sounds will use the internal sound bank from the MT-200. The MT-200 is basically an SC-55 with a disk drive attached for sequencing and saving to disk but has the same sample sound set as the sc-55.

So check and see if there is something similar you have to do with the sc-88 to switch it from your synths sounds to the sc-88.