SE-02 sequencer external keyboard to enter notes BUG

Forum for boutique synths
Redrain68

SE-02 sequencer external keyboard to enter notes BUG

Post by Redrain68 »

I found a bug, note can only be entered by standard midi connection but not via usb midi connection.

I have the last firmware.
Myrk-

Re: SE-02 sequencer external keyboard to enter notes BUG

Post by Myrk- »

Whilst it may seem like this forum is official, it is not affiliated with Roland. If you have a bug you need to report it to Roland. I believe what you are experiencing is not a bug, but the lack of USB midi controller hardware. You cannot plug a USB keyboard directly into a hardware device - it needs a computer to operate. If you want a direct connection with no PC you need midi.
Redrain68

Post by Redrain68 »

Myrk- wrote:Whilst it may seem like this forum is official, it is not affiliated with Roland. If you have a bug you need to report it to Roland. I believe what you are experiencing is not a bug, but the lack of USB midi controller hardware. You cannot plug a USB keyboard directly into a hardware device - it needs a computer to operate. If you want a direct connection with no PC you need midi.
1) I post the bug here because all the people do this like me, I need only to be confirmed of the bug. i.e. do the same think that I do and confirm the bug.

2) I use midi from 30 years so I know that I need the PC in order to route USB midi data from My Montage or my roland JDXA toward my roland se-02 connected via USB

3) I route midi data from my master keyboard to Roland SE via USB using Miditrix, so I obviously hear notes otherwise I would have written of a different bug (help meeee I dont' hear anything....), I have mapped all the control of my JDXA in order to control the 80% of the Roland SE-02 parameter.

4) the only think than not work is the note input from midi over USB

Roland Product Support (Roland Corporation)

Oct 6, 11:23 AM PDT

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your email. This is normal at this time.

We have forwarded your email to our product managers.

Hello Roberto,

You’ve contacted the United States distributor for Roland and BOSS products.
Our system has indicated you are contacting us from outside of the United States.
We service and support Roland and BOSS products in the U.S.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Ah interesting, so it's definitely a bug at this stage then! Will have to wait for a fix I guess!