Free FA Overlays from Roland

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Jdoo

Free FA Overlays from Roland

Post by Jdoo »

I read this on one of the Facebook pages, but didn't see a mention here. If you are a registered Roland FA user (You can do this here: Backstage https://www.roland.com/us/backstage/login/ ) then, you can request a free overlay for your FA synth. Roland had the same offer for the JD-XA, several months ago - and I picked up overlays for my 'XA the same way. Free delivery.. and (at least for the JD-XA) - they fit / look perfect.

Anyway - if you have registered your FA synth... I'm guessing you can get the same (free) deal.

I sent a note yesterday, and received a response this morning, that they were shipping out an overlay for my FA-06 today. Kudos to Roland support (again)..

Cheers

Joe
Gatorjohn

Re: Free FA Overlays from Roland

Post by Gatorjohn »

Great to know, thank you for letting us know!
R.U.Doin

Post by R.U.Doin »

How can I register outside of the US, the shop where I bought my 06 in the Netherlands is not on the list. The shop must be entered.
scramble

Post by scramble »

Nothing similar with Roland UK unfortunately.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Here is a link to the JD-XA thread here in Roland Clans on the free overlays for that system: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=52401

Initially, it was thought that the JD-XA overlays we're not going to be available to folks outside the US. That changed though. It took a week or two -- but word got out, and the Roland offices in the UK and elsewhere (if what I read is true) were able to get out the free overlays to their customers.
R.U.Doin

Post by R.U.Doin »

I can’t register at roland backstage, but I can register my product at rolandce.com. I refered to Roland backstage that after registration a overlay was freely given. I asked if this was the case at Roland Benelux and if not, why there was a different kind of pollicy.

They replied that they are going to send an overlay to an adress and the wanted to know if it was the right adress. So it seems in europe they are giving a overlay to people who are regisering their product.
kevin8228

Post by kevin8228 »

Hi
I have just had a reply from Roland UK customer services that they do not supply these FOC at this moment as they do not have any.

"Thanks for your email.
Please accept my apologies but it would seem that the individual who has posted this on the forum has incorrect information as we do not physically have overlays for the FA range at this moment in time.
I am aware that a third party company based in America have produced them though so perhaps the person on the forum believed they were officially from us?
"

Kevin
R.U.Doin

Post by R.U.Doin »

kevin8228 wrote:Hi
"Thanks for your email.
Please accept my apologies but it would seem that the individual who has posted this on the forum has incorrect information as we do not physically have overlays for the FA range at this moment in time.
I am aware that a third party company based in America have produced them though so perhaps the person on the forum believed they were officially from us?
"

Kevin
The countries that rolandce service are, Belgium, France, Luxembourg and the Netherland. Roland Backstage is for custumors in the US. So it seems that the UK has a diffrent policy.
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

kevin8228 wrote:Hi
I have just had a reply from Roland UK customer services that they do not supply these FOC at this moment as they do not have any.

"Thanks for your email.
"

Kevin
Not surprising, Kevin. :) Follow the link I posted up above. Roland UK said the same thing about the overlays for the JD-XA last year. I.E. "They don't exist, there is no program". Eventually, they got word from Roland corporate, and UK owners got free JD-XA overlays. I'll post info, when I receive the overlays that Roland told me that they were sending, or if I don't receive overlays. :) Who knows. . maybe Roland US was just kidding about sending me free overlays for my FA-06?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I'm also in the US, contacted Roland support yesterday about the overlays and got an e-mail within a couple of hours saying that the overlays will be shipping out today. Maybe they are just seeing if there is any demand for these before rolling out the offer to everywhere else? It doesn't seem like it would cost Roland a great deal as these overlays are included with the FA-07 so they have the facilities to make them in large numbers, unlike the JD-XA ones which I assume would have to be made from scratch and to demand.
BartMCarfizzi

Post by BartMCarfizzi »

My overlays came with my new FA08..

didnt have to register first...but i did anyway
AnalogHero

Post by AnalogHero »

Hi,

i contacted roland germany yesterday. No reply yet though... I doubt they will have any information about those overlays.
AnalogHero

Post by AnalogHero »

Hi all,

i cant believe it. Roland sent me Fa06 overlays. They just asked for my adress, thats all.
Attachments
Untitled1_2.png
Untitled1_2.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 6386 times
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Nice! Three days later... the overlays showed up. They look every bit as good as the JD-XA overlays... and seem to be made of the same material, and are installed the same way. I.E. Remove the four 'stickie' covers from the corners, and just lay in place. My JD-XA overlays have held up well / and havent popped free.. so I am hopeful with these. :)

Great service by Roland!
IMG_4667.jpg
IMG_4667.jpg (49.04 KiB) Viewed 6352 times
IMG_4670.jpg
IMG_4670.jpg (88.94 KiB) Viewed 6352 times
vkinetic

Post by vkinetic »

Well unfortunately Australian users are completely left out of this - according to Roland Australia, not only aren't the overlays available to users in this country, but you can't even register your product in Australia. How slack is that!