Managed to use USB driver - Mac OSX 10.12.4 Sierra :)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
jazzyjoepass

Managed to use USB driver - Mac OSX 10.12.4 Sierra :)

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Ok I managed to install the USB Driver on Mac OSX 10.12.4 Sierra.
So I got the Audio and MIDI work :)

That's for the V-Synth XT
skinmechanic

Re: Managed to use USB driver - Mac OSX 10.12.4 Sierra :)

Post by skinmechanic »

I've had the V-synth XT for years and initially had it when Windows XP was out, when Windows 7 and above was released the drivers stopped being supported. So moved to normal MIDI through my Studio Capture for it. Then went to Mac so forgot all about MIDI USB? So it works? Also didn't even know the v-synth XT was a sound card also?
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Also how did you get it to work?
danielwolk

Post by danielwolk »

jazzyjoepass - please share how You done this!??
Jaygri

Post by Jaygri »

Huh, you linked this thread in the other....was assuming there would be a bit more.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50995
studio460

Post by studio460 »

How did you do this? I only get an error message when I try to install the Roland driver into macOS 10.13.3.
samatron

Post by samatron »

Any chance of a share on that driver??
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Kind of gives it a Fermat feeling; "I know how to do it, but I would tell you" ;)

I've edited the PKG file and removed the system version check. That makes the installed run, but it says it fails and it doesn't show up after a reboot.

So, any pointers would be highly appreciated. I'm still on 10.10.5 here though.
MariaKrone

Post by MariaKrone »

Hi everybody,
for me it works too on 10.13.6 High Sierra (Hackintosh)!
First I got double messages via MIDI from V-Synth USB.
I installed the latest Roland-UMOneUSBDriver (MK2) over the patched V-Synth-Driver . Now it seems to work but I didn't testet audio-device function. Maybe there's need to change Settings in V-Synth Prefpane

What i did:
download latest V-Synth GT USB Driver v1.0.0 for Mac OS 10.8 from https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... s_drivers/

Remove system version check in installer with PackageMaker.app from Apples Developer Site (search for Auxillary Tools for Xcode - Late July 2012.dmg )

Builded the package and install - reboot and V-Synth appears in Audio-MIDI-Setup
but it sends all notes twice.

Now I installed the UM-ONE mk2 Driver Ver.1.0.2 for macOS 10.13 / 10.14
https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... s_drivers/
reboot and both MIDI interfaces works

Please be shure to have a real working backup before installing not supported drivers !

BTW:
I'll never more buy any device from Roland.
I spended a lot of money for a top-synth but Roland dont want to support an easy to write USB-Driver for good customers. That's very poor for sutch a company. V-Synth is not the only one device from Roland without driver support after couple of years. Yamaha even supports my old Motif 6 on latest Win / macOS
yay

Post by yay »

@MariaKrone did you manage to get this running on Mojave? I still don't see the XT in Audio-MIDI-Setup with the GT drivers. It is recognized in the system report though.

EDIT: It seems that I now also have strange behaviour with my NI Hardware (Maschine MK II and Komplete Keyboard MK II). Certain things don't work anymore: Maschine screen is just blank, keyboard MIDI is not detected anymore.
Also my Virus TI integration is broken now.
dysamoria

Post by dysamoria »

yay wrote: 00:13, 27 March 2019 @MariaKrone did you manage to get this running on Mojave? I still don't see the XT in Audio-MIDI-Setup with the GT drivers. It is recognized in the system report though.

EDIT: It seems that I now also have strange behaviour with my NI Hardware (Maschine MK II and Komplete Keyboard MK II). Certain things don't work anymore: Maschine screen is just blank, keyboard MIDI is not detected anymore.
Also my Virus TI integration is broken now.
Yup. One after the next.

Computer "integration" features are an absolute IGNORE for me when I look at product features anymore. Everything will always be abandoned, and usually prematurely. If some audio/music device REQUIRES a computer to make use of it (and anything other than class-compliant OS support), I pretty much wont buy it anymore (like Roli's Seaboard, which is useless without a computer and supported drivers).