Integra Backup Files vs Existing FA Tones

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Hoifle

Integra Backup Files vs Existing FA Tones

Post by Hoifle »

Are there many tones on the Integra that are not included with the FA(06)? Since the FA can "import Tones from Integra-7 Backups", does that mean there are a bunch of new tones available, if I can find the full content of the Integra in backup form (SVD)?
Lunar

Re: Integra Backup Files vs Existing FA Tones

Post by Lunar »

I have both instruments, and the FA has about 30% of the SuperNatural acoustic tones - it lacks the elec/dist guitars, brass/winds/sax, solo strings and quite a few others. Nearly all of the PCM tones are the same in both as is the SuperNatural Synth. The Integra expansions differ from the FA EXP packs as they are identical to the original SRX boards, whereas the FA EXP packs, although very similar, lose some of the tones from the SRX boards.
Factory PCM Drums are better in the FA, with a more varied selection, but again, the expansions in the Integra include many PCM Drumkits/vintage drum machines that aren't in the FA. The SN Drums in the Integra also include many more sounds than the FA. The Integra has a high quality PCM/GM2 expansion bank (can't be edited unfortunately) that has a good selection of additional tones.

As far as importing tones from the Integra to the FA, you can only import SuperNatural Synth tones, nothing else. Roland Axial has some Integra SN Synth packs for download, and they really are very good, especially the Synth Legends (Jupiter, Juno etc.) but only the tones will work on the FA, not the Studio Sets - you will need to create your own sets on the FA. None of the PCM tones, expansions or the SN Acoustic/drum tones can be imported into the FA. Both instruments compliment each other very well, doubling the polyphony to 256, and the FA V2 is hands-down the best controller for the Integra I've used.

Hope this answers your question.
Hoifle

Re: Integra Backup Files vs Existing FA Tones

Post by Hoifle »

Thanks Lunar, that covers it!