Saving sounds of SE-02 or SH-01A within my daw (sysex)?

Forum for boutique synths
aktivomat

Saving sounds of SE-02 or SH-01A within my daw (sysex)?

Post by aktivomat »

Hello!

First of all… I'm a quite newbie with outboard. More precisely these two synths are my first :-) So please don't condemn me if this is a dumb question.

Years ago I did some productions with a friend of mine with outboard and as I can remember we mostly "saved" (recorded) the sounds in our daw (Ableton) via "sysex-data". So i was wondering if this is possible with those two synths? I couldn't find any infos out there? I managed to control everything from and to the synths with my daw and to draw and record automations. But couldn't find any "sysex-data-sending-button". So do I miss something? Or is it the only way to save the preset within the synth? Or how do you "save" sounds using a daw?

Thank you all for help in advance!
Manic

Re: Saving sounds of SE-02 or SH-01A within my daw (sysex)?

Post by Manic »

In FL Studio you can do this with the midi out plugin. I bet you can do the same in ableton, but not sure..
aktivomat

Re: Saving sounds of SE-02 or SH-01A within my daw (sysex)?

Post by aktivomat »

Manic wrote:In FL Studio you can do this with the midi out plugin. I bet you can do the same in ableton, but not sure..
Hey Manic!

Thank you very much for your reply! What is this "midi out plugin"? Is it a VST? Or is it a FL Studio specific plugin?

Thank you!