Jupiter-80 Front Panel Cover Removal?

Forum for JUPITER-80
hungedu

Jupiter-80 Front Panel Cover Removal?

Post by hungedu »

Hi. My Jupiter-80 no longer has audio and a row of buttons under the Solo section no longer light up. I believe that a wiring harness disconnected inside during shipment. I can feel an obstruction under the first left key on the keyboard, so that seems to confirm my suspicion that something shifted or disconnected within.

Does anybody know the correct procedure and the proper screws to remove in order to lift the front panel open like on most synthesizers? I don't want to have to ship this out for service if it's only a simple plug and play solution. Thanks in advance!
Devnor

Re: Jupiter-80 Front Panel Cover Removal?

Post by Devnor »

Take some pics if you open it up.
tommyman

Re: Jupiter-80 Front Panel Cover Removal?

Post by tommyman »

Did you get it sorted out? The same thing happened when I got my (2nd hand) unit.. .. .. I did manage to unscrew enough screws to reconnect a cable that, as you guessed, had come loose. It wasn't easy to keep it attached as I closed things up, but thank Goodness, I got lucky, and it worked. In my case, it was the Registration Buttons; everything else worked, but they didn't light up or function. Now it's great, though I haven't taken it to a gig yet.