Integra 7 w Logic as AU

Forum for Integra 7
Soultrane

Integra 7 w Logic as AU

Post by Soultrane »

After about 3 yrs of sitting on the fence I finally got an Integra 7

I thought it would be just plug and play but I spent the first day trying to get it to work in Logic Pro X, and it took me a while to realize that even though the editor is an AU editor it doesn't actually send or receive MIDI to the Integra via the software instrument channel.

So, I got it working by opening up the external midi channels and using the editor on a software instrument channel.

That's fine, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to use it in Logic as a software multi instrument, whereas from one instrument track you can access all 16 parts via the AU editor. (i.e., select part 2 in the editor, and part 2 plays via MIDI).

I imagine it's got something to do with the clicks and ports in the environment, but who wants to deal with the Logic environment in 2017 lol?

Has anybody got it working this way?

Thanks
jerry_merry

Re: Integra 7 w Logic as AU

Post by jerry_merry »

Yes - set individual midi tracks instruments for the External instrument. Set each channel accordingly.

Personally I also use the 8 outputs on the Integra so I assign instrument 1 to midi 1, instrument 2 to midi 2....Etc etc. This way I get 8 outputs all on unique midi and audio channels. I can then route them as either mono or stereo in the DAW.
Soultrane

Post by Soultrane »

Yes that's the way to use it (external instruments) or yes there's a way to do it from the Software Instrument Channel?

Sorry I didn't quite understand...
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

Yes you are right. In logic just set up external instruments for each physical outputs from the integra (I run mine into a Focusrite octopre 2). You don’t need to fiddle in the environment. I then have a few logic templates. 4 x stereo pairs. 8 monos or my favourite 2 x stereo and 4 mono. Hope this helps.