Programming beat interlude in Fantom-06

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Jishan

Programming beat interlude in Fantom-06

Post by Jishan »

Hello clan,

I am planning to get the Roland Fantom-06 soon. Essentially I play Bollywood and often in older Bollywood music, you have arrangements where the beat switches multiple times between song sections. This song is a classic example (let it play for 10 seconds and you will see the change):

https://youtu.be/f9OUVu3Zltc?t=78

Now in cheaper Yamaha's with accompaniments, you could press a button to switch a Style (beat) from a certain type to yet another. How can I program this using Fantom-0's pads?

Thanks a lot!
Rolandski

Re: Programming beat interlude in Fantom-06

Post by Rolandski »

If it is about just changing sounds, you can do it in many easy ways.

If it is about a beat, where you want to Roland to play something more or less by itself, it is trickier. Either you record ready patterns (loops), and you can switch between them, but that will be all pre-played, not like an arranger with a style following you chords. Of course, you will be able to play on top of that. Or you can use arpeggios, that will follow your chords, but there is only one arpeggio per scene (so in use at once), so you cannot have multiple instruments playing different patterns that way. With patterns you can, but that is all pre-redorded.