SRX CD Download

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Plank

SRX CD Download

Post by Plank »

If anybody wants it, I have just uploaded a copy of the Roland CD SRX Boards-06-09, that comes with new SRX Boards.
It's on my SkyDrive at the link below as two Zip/Rar files (SRX CD Part1 & SRX CD Part2).

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-gb#ci ... 1DB3%21352
Romey

Re: SRX CD Download

Post by Romey »

Hey Plank, Thanks alot for posting this. I had been trying t find that CD for years with no luck ever since I bought SRX7 and SRX8 secondhand some years ago. Thanks again.
Romey
AmineX-Inc@live.jp

Post by AmineX-Inc@live.jp »

Thanks alot :)
Romey

Post by Romey »

Plank, Tried to load the CD sounds over the weekend and could not get it to work. It appears the midi files are corupt. Anyone else get this to work?
Romey
Plank

Post by Plank »

Load the files into the Fantom-S Lib and the save as Fan-S .fsl and load that into the fantom x lib program, if that does not work let me know.
Romey

Post by Romey »

Ok thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that first chance I get and get back.
Romey
Romey

Post by Romey »

Hey Plank,
The solution you suggested worked. The only drawback is the patches still have to be edited to point to the waveforms on the proper expansion board. Thanks for the help and the CD patches.
Romey
Plank

Post by Plank »

Romey wrote:Hey Plank,
The solution you suggested worked. The only drawback is the patches still have to be edited to point to the waveforms on the proper expansion board. Thanks for the help and the CD patches.
Romey
I have just uploaded some new files to my SkyDrive that might be of more use, they are in the "SRX Preset Conversion" folder
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=404C81BF ... 1DB3%21203
and are all the original patches for each SR-JV board used in the SRX boards as Fantom X Lib files, some may need a little tweeking, but noware near as much as the files on the Roland CD.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Hey Plank, thanks for these. Sorry to be thick, but do you mean you've edited these ptches so they use appropriate internal waves?

Cheers
Andy
Plank

Post by Plank »

Mostley :)
Romey

Post by Romey »

Hey Plank,
Great stuff. You have taken all of the work out of this now. The patches even find the proper expansion board in whatever slot it is in. There is only some slight tweaking needed on some patches. For instance, some waveforms have gain maxed out which can distort the sound. This is probably because the fantom-X engine is maybe a little more powerful than the models (XV series, fantom-S) the expansion boards were originally designed for. IMO. I just reduce the gain for the waveform and they sound excellent. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and what tweaks you have found necessary. I have the original 60s and 70s board in my old XP-50 and always liked the organs on it. It is great to have those organs on the fantom now. Thanks again.
Romey
Plank

Post by Plank »

I still have a few tweeks to do as for most of the patches the Reverb is too dence/too much and some of the chorus aswell, the old patch still needs the wave forms matching to be 100% right.