Roland WNA1100-RL USB Stick alternative Stick

Forum for Integra 7
fantomxs

Roland WNA1100-RL USB Stick alternative Stick

Post by fantomxs »

Hello,

i am new here and writing from germany. Please excuse my bad english :-)

I have following question: My Integra 7 will come in the next days and i want to use it with my iPad Mini. I have already downloaded the app but i dont have a camera connection kit. I want to use it via wireless lan.

The original WNA1100-RL Stick is very expensive (about 50,00 Euro), the probably same stick WNA1100 (without -RL) is 1/4 of the price. My question is: Can i use the original Netgear instead of the Roland? Better: Is there a compatible micro USB-Adapter which is smaller than the Netgear stick?

Thank you for your help
regards
Thomas
PauloF

Re: Roland WNA1100-RL USB Stick alternative Stick

Post by PauloF »

fantomxs wrote:Hello,

i am new here and writing from germany. Please excuse my bad english :-)

I have following question: My Integra 7 will come in the next days and i want to use it with my iPad Mini. I have already downloaded the app but i dont have a camera connection kit. I want to use it via wireless lan.

The original WNA1100-RL Stick is very expensive (about 50,00 Euro), the probably same stick WNA1100 (without -RL) is 1/4 of the price. My question is: Can i use the original Netgear instead of the Roland? Better: Is there a compatible micro USB-Adapter which is smaller than the Netgear stick?

Thank you for your help
regards
Thomas
I suggest you look for an answer in this forum, but the camera connection kit is a less expensive solution anyway.

in my case, I'm using a LINE 6 MIDI Mobilizer II connected to a MIDI Patcher and it serves two purposes:
- Connects the iPad2 to the integra-7 for controlling it via the Editor App
- Allows me to control other synths (Sunrizer, Addictive, Alchemy, etc) I'm using on the iPad, simultaneously with the Editor App
Strawberrymoose

Post by Strawberrymoose »

Yes you can use the netgear kit.

I use it on both an integra and jupiter, easy to set up and the adhoc mode is very reliable......I may just be lucky, but it works well for me.
shrink

Post by shrink »

The Netgear N150 usb wireless has always worked great for me and love the little stand it comes with to better position the dongle (don't know if the Roland branded dongle come with the extension and stand). It only cost me about $20 usd, Still waiting impatiently for the windows editor but the Sakura one available in this forum has been a great start.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Dear all,
I have bought the netgear N900 (4100) as alternative to the original roland WNA1100.
But my Roland Integra 7 can't detect it. Does it mean Intrgra doesn't work with other Netgear alternative
Appreciate if someone could help
Regards
Keith
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Keith wrote:Dear all,
I have bought the netgear N900 (4100) as alternative to the original roland WNA1100.
But my Roland Integra 7 can't detect it. Does it mean Intrgra doesn't work with other Netgear alternative
Appreciate if someone could help
Regards
Keith
What is the firmware version on your I-7?

You need at least 1.10 (if I'm not mistaken)
fundy

Post by fundy »

Hi folks,

the Roland dongle is in principle a common USB wifi stick with Artheros AR 9271 chipset which is very common. The list of usb wifi dongles with the same chipset is listed under https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Atheros_AR9271.
I just plugged into my FP-80 a TP-LINK WN-722NC USB dongle and whoa - it just works seamlessly.

Daniel
johntheartguy111

Post by johntheartguy111 »

The first time I used RD-NX Editor with my iPad I just used a Lightning-usb adapter , then hooked it to a common usb printer cable. I also have a Soundcraft Ui-16 wifi stagebox mixer and my new Line 6 Firehawk FX wifi effects board. It was so nice to run all 3 seamlessly from my mic stand iPad bracked with a NeatGear N150 WNA-1100. No need to specifically use the Roland WNA-1100 RL. I have'nt had a hiccup with the NetGear and I paid $7.00 on eBay for it. The Roland was $90.00. I love my Roland gear but sometimes cables , adapters and other optionals are just no different than the generics.
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

I just received the Onkyo UWF-1 LAN Adaptor. Which is smaller size USB adaptor.

Check the specs. here : Scroll down and you will see it : http://www.rolandus.com/products/wna-15 ... fications/

According to Roland it is compatible with the Integra 7.

I will be testing it soon, and will provide feedback here.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Happy

Post by Happy »

TP-LINK WN-722N (without the suffix "C" for "Cradle") works, Works on Windows 10 64 bit after installing the drivers from the CD. This one has an external antenna (in contrast to the 721) for better signal range. The package has a label with "Rev 1.0" If you don't want this huge dongle dangling in front of you all the time, you can route it with the included usb extension wire to the back of the unit, then dongle size does not matter much anymore. http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/deta ... N722N.html
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

Hi,

I just wanted to provide some useful feedback regarding the Integra-7 iPad Editor App. when used with the Onkyo wireless USB adapter unit.

Initially, I had issues getting the iPad and Integra-7 to connect via ad-hoc wireless setting, using the Onkyo USB Adapter unit, after contacting Roland Tech-Support, I realized that issue was simple to fix, I just needed to update the Integra-7 O.S. to the latest version, 1.2.1, which added compatibility functionality for the Onkyo USB wireless unit. I had version 1.2.0 which was not compatible. Anyways.. Hope this helps you get things to work if you plan on using the iPad App.

I hope Roland will update the iPad app. and offer more editing functionality for the Integra-7, currently it only has a Super Natural Synth Editor, but not for the PCM based sounds, or effects, or other parameters that the software editor offers. Do you think this will happen ? I guess I should send a request for this to Roland via email.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to provide some useful feedback regarding the Integra-7 iPad Editor App. when used with the Onkyo wireless USB adapter unit.

Initially, I had issues getting the iPad and Integra-7 to connect via ad-hoc wireless setting, using the Onkyo USB Adapter unit, after contacting Roland Tech-Support, I realized that issue was simple to fix, I just needed to update the Integra-7 O.S. to the latest version, 1.2.1, which added compatibility functionality for the Onkyo USB wireless unit. I had version 1.2.0 which was not compatible. Anyways.. Hope this helps you get things to work if you plan on using the iPad App.

I hope Roland will update the iPad app. and offer more editing functionality for the Integra-7, currently it only has a Super Natural Synth Editor, but not for the PCM based sounds, or effects, or other parameters that the software editor offers. Do you think this will happen ? I guess I should send a request for this to Roland via email.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Honestly? no, I don't think there will be updates for the iPad Editor, besides that i-7 is now an "OLD" synth... ;-)

If you are really up to using a software Editor, go for the VST3/AU Roland Editor (64 bits only) or for the K_Take's Standalone Editor
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

So... How likely is an Integra-8 Release in 2016 ?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

muziksculp wrote:So... How likely is an Integra-8 Release in 2016 ?
Do you really believe in that ?

I don't
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

PauloF wrote:
muziksculp wrote:So... How likely is an Integra-8 Release in 2016 ?
Do you really believe in that ?

I don't

Well.. I have no clue, that's why I'm asking.