Official Juno-G replacements from Roland!

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

Re: Official Juno-G replacements from Roland!

Post by craigsfrost »

Wow! I paid $335 for about the same work from a certified shop. From now on I ship to Roland directly. Good deal.
MyndJestyr

Post by MyndJestyr »

I had this repair done by Roland in Canada (Richmond Hill location) about 2 years ago I think. All good since having done it.
My only question which they couldn't answer back then was if the new LCD was actually an improved version, or just a new part/same version. I assumed (as did they) that it was a new improved version and should not end up having the same issue as the original one.
I never looked into it since and have had no issues since having it replaced.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Hi, if you have the 2.01 firmware installed in your Juno G, is the new display.
Any version below that number is the old one.
Bassmike

Post by Bassmike »

Question: Is there a post addressing updated information on availability of the
Juno-G backlit replacement screens and alternative sources since Roland Chinese
source no longer provides? Any info would be greatly appreciated. tks. M.
SagaciousB

Post by SagaciousB »

I just logged in here after a long time and noticed that a lot of people had asked to post/send the 2.01 update. I've attached them here. I take no responsibility if you brick your keyboard or lose any data or anything, but since it seems Roland isn't great at supplying the required firmware, it seems best leave it in the forums. Good luck and sorry for the very long delay!
Attachments
JunoG201.zip
(5.01 MiB) Downloaded 356 times
Juno-G LCD Installation Information.pdf
(429.85 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
eduposada

Post by eduposada »

Bassmike wrote: 17:13, 20 May 2019 Question: Is there a post addressing updated information on availability of the
Juno-G backlit replacement screens and alternative sources since Roland Chinese
source no longer provides? Any info would be greatly appreciated. tks. M.
Do you have any contact for the chinese provider? I am in China and looking for the LCD replacement. Maybe I can find out if anyone has it here.
Bassmike

Post by Bassmike »

Sorry late post plandemic reply. I was never given the Chinese source that was doing the replacement
LCD screens. A local Houston TX keyboard repair shop assured me they had a source for the screens before
I purchased two of the G's- one with and one without working screens. They lied. Went belly up with no
regrets/ explanation given. So I 'm still looking and have no way to program or split/ assign. They're pretty
much sitting in their gig bags in the closet. I'm not inclined to invest in another Roland product since from
what I understand they've not produced a suitable replacement and customer service is in the dumpster.
I'm a bassist who wants the quality analog instrument patches and facets that made the G highly sought after.
ANYONE with any leads on screens or workaround I'd pay good money. 713-679-3333 affordablesoundandlight@gmail.com