Screen movement and weird keybed noises

The workstation, redefined
maphill

Screen movement and weird keybed noises

Post by maphill »

I know some people have some horizontal/vertical play in the screen. It's hard to see but here it is on video (easiest to tell at the end).

Also, and more troubling to me: When on a desk (not when on my stand), the lowest two octaves have a springy/clanky noise when playing a firm note. And the sound is different if you are holding down another key at the same time. Almost like something is up with the keybed itself, though it feels fine.

Does anyone else have this:

Video recording: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH6x9zaSPCr6MVDRA

-Mark
RichardT

Re: Screen movement and weird keybed noises

Post by RichardT »

The screen on my Fantom 6 doesn't move.

My Fantom is on a desk. None of its keys make the noise that yours does at the low end. When played firmly they all make a similar sound to the high end keys on your Fantom's keybed.
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

yep mines the same mate
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

my key are fine tho just a bit of movement in screen
marctronixx

No issues

Post by marctronixx »

No screen movement no keyboard issues (fantom 8)
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

Wiggle your finger firm on the screen with the morphine pad and you'll see the screen does move about slightly
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

maphill wrote:I know some people have some horizontal/vertical play in the screen. It's hard to see but here it is on video (easiest to tell at the end).

Also, and more troubling to me: When on a desk (not when on my stand), the lowest two octaves have a springy/clanky noise when playing a firm note. And the sound is different if you are holding down another key at the same time. Almost like something is up with the keybed itself, though it feels fine.

Does anyone else have this:

Omg I just watched your video wow those keys sound like a bag of spanners lol if I was you I'd send that one back and get a replacement after watching your vid I'm going to look into our common that is with the screenplay and if and if not everyone's like this screen movement that is
I will also send mine bk and get a replacement starting to think its just some that may be like this... your keys are shocking though I would have sent that straight back
And got a replacement

Video recording: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH6x9zaSPCr6MVDRA

-Mark
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

johnb8897 wrote:Wiggle your finger firm on the screen with the morphine pad and you'll see the screen does move about slightly
If you are addressing me directly. i can assure you it doesn’t, and I have no reason to lie.

As I posted on the Facebook group, ill report here.

To make a long story short, i had to have 3 F8s shipped to me before I got one that wasn’t damaged in shipping. ALL 3 of them the screen did NOT move or wiggle around. I saw the Scott Tibbs video for Kraft music and you surely did see the screen wiggle, so that is the first thing I checked after I saw that video.

Now I’m not going to apply any more pressure than is needed to make the motional pad work, and the pressure ive had to apply to make the screen respond to my touches does not make the screen move.
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

Well lot of people have reported movement with the screen and I doubt that is from Transit or shipping
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

“A lot of people” .. can you quantify that? 10? 1000? 200000?

I’m not saying its not true because i saw it on the video i mentioned. People don’t normally post up on forums to say that a new piece of gear or whatever is working perfectly.. people with issues come to a forum.

The platform is new and built on a new assembly line. There WILL be some defects. It happens on any mass produced product. Roland will adapt and change. I assure you they know about these issues because i had som issues with some buttons on one of them. Early adopters man.. I had an early Prophet REV2 and several people had issues with hardware in the instrument—which were addressed. Some had parts shipped to them because it was cheaper than sending in the unit. So it happens bro.

Roland gets bashed a lot and they can never do right in many people , if you put stock on online forums, yet they sell hundreds of thousands of products.

Behringer use to be the red head step child now they are applauded and bowed down to. MANY of their products have issues out of the gate—look at the deep mind series, and even the RD8 has issues....
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

I never heard a New expensive keyboard to have hw and sw issues in this scale, meaning that by serial numbers we are In hundreds, not thousands and issue informers seem to be by two-figured-numbers. So something there.

In any case, a great board and works flawlessly at least 99% of the time!
maphill

Post by maphill »

Just an FYI, I'm getting a replacement.
Ppajko

Post by Ppajko »

I just went to Guitar Center to look on the display the 88 keys version and the screen also moved in all directions with slight pressure of my finger movement. Can other users please check their units.
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

I tested a Fantom 8 at a GC in NYC on last Saturday. No screen movement at all.
black953mj

Post by black953mj »

I received and sent back two Fantom 6s that had a screen that moved around. The third I received was firmly mounted in place.