Roland fantom ....What’ s next for 2.00 update ?

The workstation, redefined
jeanbart

Roland fantom ....What’ s next for 2.00 update ?

Post by jeanbart »

Hello,

My request ( please Roland) ‘

New guitar sounds
New supernatural engine.
Sensitives pads
User 4 simultaneous arpeggios.

What about you ?
danx

Re: Roland fantom ....What’ s next for 2.00 update ?

Post by danx »

The Jupiter xm engines
Sampler update
FX routing update (samples)
Analog filter modulation
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

danx wrote:
FX routing update
Interesting, can you specify?

Update wish: Integra7 sounds, the missing ones.
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

We're likely to see multi-sampling in a coming update. It's not been guaranteed, but Roland has openly noted that it's one of the most requested features.

There has been talk of a V-EPiano engine and additional SuperNatural Acoustic engines being added. I think there is little hope of V-Drum technology happening.

Sequencer improvements of various kinds are almost certain.

I'd bet money that some sort of expansion of the VA engine, possibly Jupiter, Juno, or JX models. They'd have to be stripped down from what is offered on the Jupiter X/Xm, in terms of polyphony or number of concurrent model you can run, otherwise you'll start running into all sorts of issues. (Similar to how you are limited to only ONE V-Piano instance, and only on track/zone #1)

A slew of Zen-core Axial libraries are almost certain, as well as one or more new EXZ packs.
thorr

Post by thorr »

I am not sure exactly what you mean by multi-sampling, but I have a question. Is there a way to store the samples somewhere other than assigned to a pad? If I sample something new, it wipes out the sample that it comes with, and I may want it back.

Also, I would like to have patterns be transposable by the keyboard note presses on the fly. Tell it the reference note for the recorded pattern, and transpose up and down based on the new note within a range of an octave up or down (but not on drum tracks).
jeanbart

Post by jeanbart »

zombietactics wrote:We're likely to see multi-sampling in a coming update. It's not been guaranteed, but Roland has openly noted that it's one of the most requested features.

There has been talk of a V-EPiano engine and additional SuperNatural Acoustic engines being added. I think there is little hope of V-Drum technology happening.

Do you think, There is a chance to have an update before summer ?
allan_evett

Post by allan_evett »

Definitely multi-sampling; ideally, assignable to the keyboard as well.

A new 9 slider-based drawbar organ model. Or at least the VK engine, as found on the RD-2000.

Being able to save individual Zone volume levels for each Switch Group within a Scene. All kinds of uses for that one..
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

jeanbart wrote:
zombietactics wrote:We're likely to see multi-sampling in a coming update. It's not been guaranteed, but Roland has openly noted that it's one of the most requested features.

Do you think, There is a chance to have an update before summer ?
I have no inside knowledge regarding timelines or schedules.
Per

Post by Per »

danx wrote:The Jupiter xm engines
Sampler update
Analog filter modulation
This is more what I’d like to see. Once multisampling as added more emphasis on introducing new engines and updating and improving the engines that are there rather than new sound packs.

I’d also love to see a dedicated tone wheel engine with drawbar controls. A wavetable synth and improvements to the v-piano. Also CCs for the x/y in the motional mixer gizmo (and the ability to have the same zone in more than one corner).

Also improvements to the VA, right now it’s waves seem too perfect, especially square, not enough mojo or character for me when compared to the old synths, a real analog square wave is pretty sloppy, closer to a saw with high amounts of y bias (or highly compressed) and it sounds fab. I know you can use the samples of vintage analog synth wave shapes as PCM zones but it’d be cool if you could utilize the other VA controls.
thorr

Post by thorr »

and get Aftertouch working
GCFKeys

Post by GCFKeys »

jeanbart wrote:Hello,

My request ( please Roland) ‘
User 4 simultaneous arpeggios.
Absolutely! + Ability to directly (step) record and grid-edit your custom arpeggios as it was possible in the old Fantom X:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq69yo36XyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C5KZQtLhKI

But hey, maybe the new Fantom architecture with Scenes itself doesn't allow for this!? Ed Diaz explained that you can actually use arpeggiator over several zones at the same time - but that will be the SAME arpeggio :(

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JuMGGuCGU

Multi arpeggiator *should' be an important part of any robust and contemporary-sounding (aspiring) workstation.

Btw, the arpeggiator function in Fantom X was a reason I preferred it over the Fantom G line.
spottingjonah

Post by spottingjonah »

danx wrote:The Jupiter xm engines
Sampler update
Analog filter modulation
The more I dig in, the more I realize this is really what's missing... especially the FX routing. This is horribly under spec'd. Two MFX, a dedicated reverb, and a dedicated chorus per scene? Really? How about 16 MFX slots available however you wish to route them? Similar to the Kronos. Would be huge!!

And yes, the ABM stuff currently slotted for the X/Xm series would be the right addition for this "flagship".
choralriff

Post by choralriff »

Definitely multiple arpeggiators able to run simultaneously.
Ability to assign more than one MFX to a single zone.
A draggable playbar in piano edit so that you can start from any position on the timeline.
I'm not sure that this is impossible currently, but I'd like to be able to copy notes from one pattern into another.
The ability to transpose patterns by pressing notes on the keyboard.
The ability to save Audio In On/Off setting within a Scene.
Break-a-nerve

Post by Break-a-nerve »

The ability to function as an Aira link master! Thank you. That is essential to lessen the live cable spaghetti.

(Also, if there ever is a possibility to hook up a USB audio interface to expand the number of outs, it'd be great, but I don't think this will ever happen.)

Sample keymap with a round robin functionality.

Internal sequencer: I don't use, don't give a damn about it. If I could strip the sequencer code off from mine, I'd do it.
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

I will eat a broom, if the Fantom ever gets a full multi-sampling engine like the Fantom G.