fantom 7 Crackling volume knob

The workstation, redefined
johnb8897

fantom 7 Crackling volume knob

Post by johnb8897 »

Hi. on the fantom 7 I keep experiencing a crackling sound from the master volume every time I just it.... like you get from an old volume slider channel if it's dusty... is anyone else's behaving like this it's only when you adjust the volume knob...
RichardT

Re: fantom 7 Crackling volume knob

Post by RichardT »

No crackling on my fantom 6.
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

RichardT wrote:No crackling on my fantom 6.
Damn it I was hoping this was a software issue.. it's only when i turn the master volume knob it's like an interference like a interference crackling...
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

johnb8897 wrote:
Damn it I was hoping this was a software issue.. it's only when i turn the master volume knob it's like an interference like a interference crackling...
Sorry John, I tested the master volume knob several times throughout its full range and listened on monitor speakers and again on headphones, mine is completely quiet.
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

johnb8897 wrote:

Hi, johnb8897 This is a broken volume potentiometer... in my humble opinion you should claim the replacement of the equipment since it has a warranty and that component is one of the most used throughout its useful life.
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

Thank you for your help much appreciated. I'm going to contact them today about giving me a replacement workstation, I only bought it end of September. And I also get movement around the screen been like this also since new.. gonna make them replace the unit last thing I want back is a new keyboard that's been stripped and repaired
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

ive Been doing some testing this morning and the master volume pot works fine with all the patches I've created on the synth that are synthesized it's with certain samples. One example in scenes... Select scene A074 Piece of Peace. hit the pay button And wiggle the volume up and down. You can hear like a crackling sound.. not sure whether to send it back for replacement unit now.. as I said it only does this with certain samples... another example.. the same crackling sound with the TR 909 drum kit samples, build a quick groove with that kit and wiggle all the volume up and down.... I'm thinking maybe it could be a problem with the Rom samples and a restore might fix this but what a pain that would be after updating with 1.10v and adding the expansions back and backing up all my stuff... what do you guys think I should do I appreciate your input. :) done some more testing with synth sounds it's really low frequencies that i hear it more. when I turn the volume up and down slowly it's like i can hear it stepping up and down processing like a choppy fuzzy sound
cello

Post by cello »

johnb8897 wrote:ive Been doing some testing this morning and the master volume pot works fine with all the patches I've created on the synth that are synthesized it's with certain samples. One example in scenes... Select scene A074 Piece of Peace. hit the pay button And wiggle the volume up and down. You can hear like a crackling sound.. not sure whether to send it back for replacement unit now.. as I said it only does this with certain samples... another example.. the same crackling sound with the TR 909 drum kit samples, build a quick groove with that kit and wiggle all the volume up and down.... I'm thinking maybe it could be a problem with the Rom samples and a restore might fix this but what a pain that would be after updating with 1.10v and adding the expansions back and backing up all my stuff... what do you guys think I should do I appreciate your input. :) done some more testing with synth sounds it's really low frequencies that i hear it more. when I turn the volume up and down slowly it's like i can hear it stepping up and down processing like a choppy fuzzy sound
Interesting - I have not had a problem with my F8 but have not played with those specific sounds. I'm away from my studio at the moment but will try it out those specific later and get back to you
johnb8897

Post by johnb8897 »

Thank you for the replies. I've sent it back now for a replacement unit